Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines Day!

I think I just might be getting old. I think back to the past 19 Valentines I have shared with Mark and I think of what a stink I made when he just stopped on the way home to grab me a card and candy. It made me so angry that he didn't think about me till then, I would stay mad for days over this huge offense. Of course I didn't take into consideration he didn't have a job like me that I could take a lunch break and go run around. When did he have a chance to stop but on the way home from work?

So this year I say can we just go to dinner Saturday night and call it done? I don't want to have to shop for him, he doesn't want to shop for me, we know we love each other. So we went out for Chinese for me and he changed a toon on WOW. 30 bucks each and we were both happy. LOL

I think I would rather enjoy gifts on my birthday and Mother's Day not Valentines. So from this year forward I plan to not get upset and only do something for the kids.

1 comment:

Tom/Tabitha said...

oh yeah, we don't do anything for Valentines... normally it turns into the worst days of the year LOL, especially when he worked for Walmart... so we started early and said we'd go clearance chocolate shopping after, every year. Works for us :)

HUGS! You are smart keeping it fun.