Monday, February 15, 2010

Invictus


We watched a couple of movies this weekend. I won't even bother rating Gamer even with hotty Gerard Butler in it is sucked.

But Invictus on the other hand was a great movie. I love Clint Eastwood films along with Mel Gibson ones they have talent at acting and producing. Invictus stars Matt Damon and Morgan Freeman playing Nelson Mandela.

I think the one things I got from the movie was the desire to know more about Mandela. If the movie is really following actual events he seemed like a really neat man. His desire to have Africa be peaceful and all his people to get along and using Rugby as a way to bring a nation together.

There is very minimal cussing, no sex and the only violence is on the Rugby field. My 8 year old watched it and liked it, I don't see it being one she wants to watch over and over, but she made it through. My husband, oldest dd and I all thought it was a very good movie.

No comments: