Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Houdini wine opener


So we got this a few years ago for Christmas either from my parents or the In laws. My husband and I are not big drinkers but occasionally I like wine and my husband is always around to open said wine. He can open it with any type of opener. Me on the other hand not so much.

So this morning as I was preparing food for the crock pot, working mom you know I have to plan food ahead of time. I got out the wine since I bought a cheap wine I assumed there would be no cork. Um I was wrong even $4.00 wine can have a cork. So the husband is gone to work what ever will I do?

Oh yeah I have a Houdini so I pull this bad boy out and stare at it for a few, then I start trying to use it and within several minutes I have the cork out. Go me!!!! Of course I have no clue how to get the cork off the Houdini I just left it in the sink for the husband to take care of when he gets home.

Hoping the recipe I am making turns out good it took the entire bottle of red wine. If it was good I will post the recipe tomorrow. If not good boy did I ever waste some meat!

2 comments:

TKW said...

We have one of those things and I can't figure it out, either!!

Sheri said...

I'm proud of you! And I would've left it in the sink, too. Gotta give them something to figure out so they feel all manly, you know.