Monday, February 8, 2010

Dear John the book versus the Movie


Yep it is a sappy love story written by Nicholas Sparks. Not as good as The Notebook in my opinion, but worth seeing. I recommend you not read the book first and once you have seen the movie and read the book you think of them as 2 entirely different things, because they are not near the same.
I took oldest dd to see this she will be 16 next month and thinks Channing Tatum is to die for. Not sure if that is the current teenage phrase or not but I used it. The book doesn't end happy and once dd read it she asked me to read it and I had to agree not the happy ending like in The Notebook.
The movie however ends totally different the way I would have wanted the book to end. The scenery is beautiful it is filmed in Charleston, SC the actors and actresses are really good. So all in all it was worth paying the money to see.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

I believe that Tatum would be considered "nasty sick". Just so you know. LOL!!!

Amytnc said...

LOL I don't believe I have heard that one before.