Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Hurt Locker



Ok so this movie is winning tons of awards up against Avatar, which I will review in a few days. We watched it last night and not really sure why it is winning so many awards? It was a good movie, definitely worth seeing.

It is a war movie and very intense and hard to watch at some points, it focuses on a bomb squad. I learned some things I never knew people did with bombs. I can not imagine how scary it is for those guys in Iraq.

Cussing was a bit much, but they are military it is expected, violence is a bit much but again it is a war movie. No sex scenes but they do talk some vulgar things but nothing too terrible. My almost 16 year old watched it and I didn't see anything to alarm me. My 8 year old did not watch it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you read about the recent pushback about this movie? The most well known, I think, is Paul Rieckhoff, who says the soldier is not representative of those who serve in this capacity.

On the other hand, today I read that another soldier is claiming that the story was modeled after him and that he should be compensated.

Amytnc said...

I did hear that on the news I hope it isn't true and they didn't steal his story because it won a ton of Oscars last night and that could be very bad for the director.