Friday, July 17, 2009

VBS for adults too

So 2 weeks ago Amanda played a flute duet with her friend Erin at Erin's church which Erin's father is the pastor of. Now you have to picture my family doesn't like to dress up, I have a nose ring and both dh and I have visible tattoos. We are used to going to church in places where we can wear shorts and flip flops. But for Amanda we did what was required and went.

We were so amazed and pleased with this church. The pastor is great this is a Southern Baptist Church he preaches straight from the bible, so we liked that. The music was ok old hymns from the book. The duet was amazing. So dh and I talked after and thought maybe we have been trying to go about finding a church all wrong. Maybe we are trying to find a church that fits us, instead of us going where god wants us to be. Sure Beulah has a ton of old folks who may look down on us for a nose ring and tattoos, but the pastor and his wife didn't heck they have been beyond nice to us. So last Sunday we went again and we still like it, even Haley sits with us and can make it almost 1 hour and 15 minutes without being loud.

So this Sunday we embark on our biggest adventure yet, we are all somewhat socially awkward but Sunday evening starts Vacation bible School and Haley is all signed up, Amanda is signed up to help and they are holding an adult class inside during the same time, so dh and I are going to it. I will be missing Thursday since I am heading to Orlando to hang with my girls, but I am scared and excited to start meeting some of the people of this church.

No comments: