Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Getting Healthy

Well I am sure you can tell by the pictures of me I am a big girl. But I wasn't always, as a matter of fact I was a bean pole until I had my first child. I am not sure what changed but once I had her the weight never came off and even about 15 more pounds added to that. Then got pregnant again and added another 15 to that. So my all time high was 190 pounds. I lost 20 pounds on weight watchers several years ago, but then hit a plateau and just refused to exercise so I stopped losing and ended up gaining about 15 back.

Then I became diabetic and you would think I would have worked super hard to get myself on track, but no not me I sulked and refused to accept it s real. But it has started to become real to me. I am tired of feeling dizzy, having stomach issues and tired of being freaking tired. So I have been trying hard to work on things. And in the last couple of months I have lost 8 pounds. We as a family are walking at least 3 -5 times a week, and plan to start hiking every weekend. I am eating better, limiting my sodas, low carb foods and just not over eating. I feel better already and I can not wait to see if the weight continues to come off.

2 comments:

TKW said...

You go, girl! We are cheering you on!

Melissa said...

awesome! keep up the good work!