Thursday, July 16, 2009

Camp

Well Amanda left Monday for camp, now mind you her church camp is way different then the church camp I attented when I was a kid.

My camp was a Friday the 13th camp, you know cabins on the lake, looked like you might get hacked to death by Jason at night, there was a bath house full of spiders you went to, to shower or use the bathroom. And no heat or A/C. I loved it though I went 4 years for a week each time. I repelled down a mountain, went playing in the river, we camped out under the stars one night, we went mud sliding in the rain. It was always fun and I hated to have to leave.

Enter Amanda's camp, they are at Libery University a Christian College in Lynchburg, VA. Sleeping in dorm rooms, yes the horror they do have to share a bathroom with all the girls on their floor but no bugs.

On Monday as we were waiting for her to load the bus, I looked down and see my dear daughter in flip flops, she is 15 so she did all her own packing, so I say you did bring some other shoes right? Sure she says I brought my gold flip flops too. Great!!! So at that point I should have went straight home and got her shoes and socks but I didn't. Later that day I FedEx'ed them to her. Of course she needed them Wednesday and they arrived just in time.

She is having a ball at camp, she is with her friend Erin, and from the updates and pics on the website I can tell she is doing well. I look forward to hearing all about it Friday when she gets home.

I miss her terribly, it is funny how I feel about her being gone, I am not sure I will survive when she leaves for college.

2 comments:

TKW said...

You are supermommy! Fed-Ex-ing shoes just in the nick of time.

Amytnc said...

LOL not super mom, just don't want her to break a toe, then she wouldn't be able to come home and work. ;)