Tuesday, October 13, 2009

My baby is 8


So October 10th 2001 I had Haley at 7:30AM via planned C-Section. She was so beautiful and a handful from day 1. We couldn't get any milk to stay in her. I had wanted to breastfeed but after every feeding she promptly threw everything up, she was dropping weight fast it was scary. We ended up staying in the hospital and extra day until we could get things straight.


She was diagnosed with Reflux and put on some meds to help. We took her home and she literally slept 23 hours a day, she never opened both eyes at the same time, it was frustrating we were at the doctors every other day to weigh her. Every doctor we talked to had a different idea of reflux. I finally took her off the meds and she woke up, we learned to feed her in car seat so we didn't have to move her. She did fine until about 3 month she was always crying went back to the doctor and had her put on a different med for the pain. It seemed to help.


Haley has been my loud and wild child from the start, everytime we left the house you never knew what she might do. She talks to everyone, would invite cashiers from Walmart over to dinner, tell them all about our family. It was pretty embarrassing at times. Once at Walmart I went to pick something off a shelf and hear. "Moses let my people free!!!!!" Yep it was my pretty little thing mimicking The Prince of Egypt. She really does need to be in the movies.


So Saturday she turned 8 and took her first ride in a car without a booster seat, she feels so grown up now, LOL I can't wait to see what the next 8 years have in store for us.

1 comment:

TKW said...

Awwww, sweet girl! Happy 8th, my little wild child!