Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Volunteer-Anti Social

So many people may not know but I don't do people well. I prefer to stay holed up in my house I feel comfortable there, so if at all possible I avoid going places and doing things.

So Amanda is in band and they are always begging for volunteers and my guilt was eating at me. So last Friday I offered to help, my condition were I needed to be away from the crowds and needed to be able to do the job with my 8 year old tagging along.

Of course as luck would have it Mark was home so Haley didn't need to come. So I got to the school at 6 and got set up doing split the pot on the away side. Basically a raffle ticket sale. I sat for about an hour and sold nothing people avoided me like the plague and I was happy. Then this little old lady with a cane comes up and says I am suppose to be working here. I said ok got up and left. So I was in a dilemma I could go home and say I tried right? Or I could go offer to help in concessions. Oh yeah I went into the concessions.

And truthfully it was pretty painless until the health department showed up. Oh yeah they come to high school concession stands too. I really thought it was a joke but once he started talking about hairnets I realized he was not. So we passed all except the hair nets so I think this was my one and only night working in concession, but I did it and I guess that is a thing to be proud of.

No comments: