Monday, October 26, 2009

School issues #2

So lets see, Amanda's teacher said she thought Amanda's email was telling her she owed Amanda to let her go to competition. Umm I read the email and it in no way said anything like that but whatever. She told Amanda she would watch her at practice until 5 and as long as she knew the steps she could go to the competition. So of course she did. But why not just tell her that on Wednesday night instead of trying to frighten her into coming home and fighting with her parents to come up with another option.

I am proud of Amanda because she said my family comes first and was willing to walk away from bad because of this nazi lady. But thankfully it didn't come to that.

Now onto Haley, so Mark and I both went to the meeting felt it was important we be there to hear what is going on. Appointment was at 5:15 we didn't go in until 5:50 she was that behind. She said Haley tested very high above the class at the beginning of the year, but recently retested and dropped a lot and is below the class average now. She was also concerned about her behavior. She tells me Haley left the class with another child without permission then came in and told her a lie about another teacher.

Now Haley has been known to tell lies, but this doesn't sound right, and then why did my kid leave the class and no one notice. We talked to her about the little girl sitting next to Haley is distracting to Haley and we think they should be moved apart. She agreed to do this, but all in all I didn't feel ike she understaood our frustration with the grades.

So I go home and talk to Haley and find out that the little girl beside her has been sending her dirty notes in class, and Haley doesn't want to tell anyone because she is embarrassed and ashamed. Ok at this point my momma bear comes out and I am like there is not a chance in hell my kid will go back to that class.

Friday I emailed the principal with my concerns, so this morning Haley started in a new class. Yes she is talkative and we still need to work on these things but I think seperating her from this other child will make a big difference. I am happy that the pricipal saw how important this was as well.

No comments: