Monday, March 15, 2010

Precious


Wow I can totally see why this young lady was nominated for an Oscar. I can not imagine being able to portray the pain she does so well.

This movie was a very hard one to watch. Sexual abuse is something I am all to familiar with and it strikes a cord in me. This girl you can't help but feel bad for, how could a mother allow such horrible things to be done to her child. She just stood there and let it happen? Then also how can a parent who is suppose to love their child beat them treat them like a slave. Blame them for taking their man, when the child had been raped by her own father.

I guess I feel Monique deserved and Oscar too because I tell you I hated the site of her in this movie she played the villain so well. It is sad to know that in this world there are children going through this same hell. Children overlooked by the school systems, overlooked by everyone, needing help. My heart went out to this child.

This film has a lot of physical violence, one rape scene, and a ton of bad language. I watched this alone no children dh didn't think he wanted to watch it either. It was a good movie one worth seeing, but it is a heart breaker.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

I hesitate to add this one to my Netflix queue but am doing so anyway. I hope it's not one of those that I can't shake for days.

Amytnc said...

It does stay with you, it was hard to watch but very good movie.