Monday, March 15, 2010

The Lovely Bones



This is a good movie disturbing in many ways and as a parent something I would hope to never experience.
The film is set in the 70's and I am so not of fan of that time, I was only 7 when we got into the 80's and I prefer them over the 70's. Anyway the actors were really good in this really made you feel the emotions they were going through.


The story is about a 14 year old girl who gets murdered and instead of going straight to heaven she is caught in this in between world trying to help her father find her murderer. The part that got me the worst was the murderer is the neighbor and when she meets up with him you can really tell, she senses something isn't right. She has that little voice in the back of her head saying umm no, and yet she doesn't listen.


I think Peter Jackson did a great job making you feel the emotions of this poor family. I can not imagine the horror of loosing a child and then to also never know what happened to them because a body is never found. It must be the worst pain in the world.


No sex scenes, minimal cussing, no violence, but I didn't think it was appropriate for my 8 years old, 16 year old thought it was ok. I think it is worth seeing.

No comments: